Slow cooker and cheesecake are not words I'm used to seeing together. While I have used a slow cooker for many a chili and soup, I never considered using it for sweet treats.
Until I saw the recipe that Leanne Short shared in one of my new favorite Facebook groups: Crockpot/Slow Cooker Recipes & Tips .
"I had ago at a cheese cake today," writes Short in the post. "This is the recipe I used but I had to adjust it for my small slow cooker, if doing it in a large one , you may want to double the mix and cook for longer 🙂"
The recipe she shared looks easy too.
For the Crust:
- 120g biscuits
- 80g melted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 250g cream cheese
- 100ml sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tbs corn flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chunks and Nutella (as much as you want)
- Grease and line the slow cooker, crush biscuit to crumbs. Then pour in melted butter and combine. Pour the crumb mix into the slow cooker and press evenly over the bottom.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, flour, vanilla, salt and chocolate chunks. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Add Nutella and swirl through.
- Cover with tea towel and slow cook for 4/5 hours on low, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Move to the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Carefully lift the entire cheesecake out of the slow cooker pot and eat 🙂
Can someone please pass me a massive spoon?