Mom Rushes 6-Year-Old To Hospital After Eating Needle In Strawberry

Forgot password?

Delete Comment

Are you sure you want to delete this comment?

Mom Rushes 6-Year-Old To Hospital After Eating Needle In Strawberry

For one mother, the nightmare became reality after she was forced to rush her six-year-old daughter to the hospita

Finding something dangerous in your child's food is the nightmare of many a parent. Anybody who has witnessed a child choking will know how frightening this can be.

For one mother, the nightmare became reality after she was forced to rush her six-year-old daughter to the hospital on October 5, 2020.

Sophie Mitchell had given her daughter Madison a bowl of fruit on Monday evening. Little Madison approached her mother because she felt pain.

“She had come up to me because something had pricked her,” mother Sophie told 7NEWS .

“I grabbed it out of her mouth straight away and had a look.” Sophie found the large pin-type needle in the strawberry she was eating.

Facebook
Facebook

Mitchell immediately packed up her daughter and headed to the local hospital, feeling "very stressed" about the whole ordeal.

“It’s horrible,” Mitchell continues, explaining “I’ve got a three-year-old son too. If it was him, he would have just swallowed the whole thing. I’m just lucky she came to me.” She feels concerned that her daughter could have gotten some kind of disease from the prick, doctors, however, told her the “likelihood of infection would be very low”. Madison had only a small cut on her bottom lip.

Mitchell shared about the experience in Facebook writing "Everyone be aware Madison was up at emergency tonight after eating a strawberry with a needle in it was the second case in a week in cairns."

Facebook
Facebook

"For the love of God don’t we have enough shit going on this year? Poor little thing! We can’t even enjoy fruit anymore," writes one person. "I’m so done with this world."

This is allegedly the second time something like this has happened in Cairns, a city in Queensland, Australia. The strawberries were purchased at Coles there who told 7NEWS they’re “concerned to see this, and have followed up with the customer to confirm she and her family are okay”.

As for little Madison? She is doing fine - saying she feels sad about the whole ordeal, but will still eat strawberries because they are yummy.

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSCairns/posts/3350072728446723

Like
Comment
Loading comments