Clarence House has announced today, March 25, 2020, that the Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus.
Prince Charles, 71, is displaying mild symptoms "but otherwise remains in good health", a spokesman said, adding that the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, has been tested but does not have the virus.
The entire statement from Clarence House reads:
"In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.
"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
It is important to note that Prince Charles is up and about and in good spirits.
He is said to have last seen the Queen on March 12, though he did not see his father, the Duke of Edinburgh, at that time.
Prince Charles started to display mild symptoms over the weekend and was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire on Monday.
The results came in on Tuesday night, showing he was indeed positive.
A palace source said the prince has spoken to both the Queen and his sons - the Dukes of Cambridge and Sussex - and is in good spirits.
Buckinham Palace has confirmed that the Queen remains in good health after a member of the Queen's Buckingham Palace staff tested positive for coronavirus.
The Prince had been avoiding shaking hands with members of the public at a number of events recently, instead choosing to use the namaste gesture.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.